In the 19th century, Robert Brotherton of White Hall, England, obtained a 156-acre plot of land, located between Alum Creek and Big Walnut Creek. A portion of the property became the site of Ye Olde Whitehall Tavern, a popular overnight stagecoach stop along the famous National Road, which extended westward from the Cumberland Pass.
In the late 19th century, the land and tavern were sold to Abram Doney. A small farm community developed and the name “Whitehall” was unofficially adopted. In 1910, Abram’s son, Samuel, inherited the entire estate and sold it in one-acre lots, creating what is now known as “Old Whitehall.”
In the early 1950s, Whitehall was the nation’s fastest growing city. Overall, population jumped from 4,077 in 1950 to 20,818 in 1960. Today, population has leveled at approximately 19,214.
Beds: 1 Baths: 1 Deposit: $500Rent: $645 Available Now
Remodeled all electric flat with semi private patio and off street parking. Unit has new carpet and vinyl, blinds, central air condition...